When you are printing from Internet Explorer, only the URL of the webpage will come out of your printer. The print preview gives a blank page.
This problem occurs in Internet Explorer 7 and 8 because the following folder is missing in your user profile: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\
Solution 1: Restart Internet Explorer
Close Internet Explorer (be sure to close every instance). Now restart Internet Explorer and try to print again. The missing folder should by automatically recreated.
If this is not working, use the following method:
Solution 2: Recreate the ‘Low’ folder
(you have to use an account which has administrative rights)
1. Close Internet Explorer (be sure to close every instance).
2. Navigate to the temp folder of the user who is experiencing this problem: ‘C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp’
3. Make a new folder called ‘Low’
4. Start Internet Explorer again and try to print
When the above method does still not solve the problem, then follow these steps:
Solution 3: Resetting the low integrity level
1. Click the Start button, go to ‘Accessories’, right-click ‘Command prompt’ and choose ‘Run as administrator’
2. Right-click Command Prompt and click ‘Run as administrator’
3. Type the following command in the command prompt:
ICACLS C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
4. Restart the computer and retry to print from Internet Explorer
I now have created a script to solve this problem remotely. Paste the code underneath in notepad and save it as [scriptname].cmd. Make sure the psexec.exe (from the Microsoft PSTools pack) is present in the same folder as the cmd script. When you are running the script, fill in the username of the user who is experiencing the problem. Then fill in the computer name the user is working on. Solution 3, as can be read above, will then be executed automatically.
@echo off :begin if not "%~1"=="" ( set User=%~1 goto copy ) set /p User=Username: set /p Computer=Computername: if "%User%"=="" goto :eof if "%Computer%"=="" goto :eof mkdir "\\%Computer%\c$\Users\%User%\Appdata\Local\Temp\Low" psexec.exe \\%Computer% -u %Computer%\administrator -p password ICACLS "\\%Computer%\c$\Users\%User%\Appdata\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel "(OI)(CI)low" pause cls goto begin